Toast the luck of the Irish with a pint of Guinness, a double Jameson, a shot of Baileys or all of the above at one of these lively venues. Green garments recommended.
- St Patrick’s Day House Party! O2 Academy Islington, Angel
Be sure to don your best greenery: there’s £50 up for grabs for the best costume. With drinks from £2.80, a huge sound system, and free hats and glasses, expect a full-on night of boozing and dancing.
10.30pm-4am, tickets from £7
- St Patrick’s Day at the Hemmy, the Hemingford Arms, Caledonian Road & Barnsbury
Experience traditional Irish fare. The Guinness will be flowing and live music will be showing. Let your hair down and have a singalong, or drown your sorrows with a pint (or three).
- St Patrick’s Day at Zelman Drinks, Finsbury Park
With Irish food from Spit & Roast, Irish-themed cocktails, and live music from Celtic Brew, get the full St Patrick’s Day experience ‘til late at this Finsbury Park favourite.
— Piebury Corner (@PieburyCorner) March 15, 2017
- The Ultimate St Patrick’s Day Bar Crawl, London Cocktail Club, Angel
Visit every branch of the London Cocktail Club in one night to get into the Irish spirit. Drinking Irish spirits is recommended. Taste Teeling Small Batch Irish Whiskey at the Oxford Circus branch.
4.30pm-12am, free entry (tasting £20 pp)
- St Patrick’s Day at the Faltering Fullback, Finsbury Park
It’s said to be the best Irish pub for London. Head there for a more laid-back Paddy’s day. There’s great value Thai food, a cosy garden, and reasonably priced drinks.