Spring is just around the corner, and there’s plenty to do in Islington this week. Here’s our handy guide to what’s on.
1. It’s British Pie Week! Celebrate by going out and treating yourself to a savoury pie at Piebury Corner on Holloway Road, where you can eat among Arsenal fans, or for a spicier take on a pastry classic, try LuLu’s Caribbean Cuisine where you can eat traditional Trinidadian rotis.
2. If you fancy getting cultural this week, why not check out Hamlet at the Almeida Theatre. Starring Andrew Scott of Sherlock fame as the eponymous Hamlet, the production is a unique take on the classic that places it in a contemporary setting. Make sure you look out for the Islington Now review of the production later this week.
3. Keeping things high-brow, you can pop along to The Kings Head Theatre for the final week of their production of Madam Butterfly. A dramatic, moving journey through the emotions that every heartbroken woman has been familiar with, it finishes on 18th March.
4. Get things moving by turning your hand at aerial yoga. Unbelievably, some people still don’t think yoga is a sport, but you can prove them wrong by getting competitive with lessons at The Life Centre on Britannia Row on Friday (March 17).
5. The long-awaited live action version of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast will be out this week, and you can watch it in style at Islington Green’s Everyman cinema The Screen on the Green. Showings start on Friday, so make sure you book ahead to see a tale as old as time for yourself.
6. This Friday (March 17) marks St Patrick’s Day. Celebrate in style by having a Guinness at one of our favourite pubs in Islington.